With routes to more than 20 countries, ESP Solutions has opted for IVECO’s natural gas technology to become the leader in sustainability in Europe. After acquiring 300 LNG-powered IVECO S-WAY NP trucks (the largest NGV operation for a Spanish logistics fleet), the “eco” line of its fleet now accounts for 30% of the total number of vehicles. The transport company’s goal is that 50% of its fleet is sustainable by 2022; and 80%, within five years.
With the decision to make an energy transition and create an eco-friendly NGV fleet, ESP Solutions will stop emitting almost 2,000 tons of CO2 per year, equivalent to planting 279,000 trees. It will also contribute to improving air quality and reducing the carbon footprint in the more than 45,000,000 kilometers a year that these new vehicles will travel. In addition, the company will generate significant operational savings by reducing fuel costs.
“We have opted for natural gas because we understand that it is the present and the best technology that we can apply to reduce emissions and because there is a consistent network of natural gas stations in Europe. We are specialists in long-distance transportation and with natural gas we can carry it out giving quality, security in deliveries and, above all, respecting the environment,” said Pedro Campillo, President of ESP Solutions.
Ruggero Mughini, General Director of IVECO Spain and Portugal, also commented: “This is a very important moment for the sustainability of road freight transport. At IVECO, we are taking another step, a big step, with the delivery of these 300 IVECO S-WAY natural gas vehicles to ESP Solutions, which represents a milestone in our commitment to sustainable transport; a path that we began 25 years ago, being pioneers in the development of natural gas technology, and that now continues its path towards an energy transition.”
Source: IVECO Spain