Specific aspects related to the manufacturing, conversion, certification and operation phases of a LNG fuelled vessel will be analyzed. Concretely, the action will:
– prepare for the LNG certification process for vessels and operators
– harmonize land-based and sea-based regulations and bunkering requirements
– select and demonstrate vessel environmentally efficient solutions
– identify logistic solutions for energy efficiency
– develop safe and efficient technologies for LNG bunkering and fuelled vessels
– assess safety issues
– coordinate with other initiatives and disseminate results
These results will be exchanged with other ongoing liquefied natural gas-related projects as well as with the European Maritime Safety Agency. The project will be implemented in a partnership with stakeholders consisting of ship-owners, cargo owners, LNG suppliers, ports and marine equipment manufacturers.
The project is set to be completed by the end of 2014.
Source: TEN-T EA.